Extension and research facilities to host producers and share latest innovations and practices
A robust field day season is planned this year at University of Missouri properties, where extension specialists and researchers share their agriculture findings with producers and the public.
Events are planned at MU Extension and Education Centers (EECs), administered by MU Extension, and at MU Research, Extension and Education Centers (REECs), which are part of the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources’ Missouri Agricultural Experiment Station, across the state, from August through October.
Producers and the public are invited to save the dates for the following regional events; more details will follow locally closer to the event.
Extension and Education Center field days:
- Tuesday, Aug. 22 – Graves-Chapple Extension and Education Center near Rock Port, Mo. – Field day and ribbon cutting for new building planned.
- Thursday, Sept. 7 (5-8 p.m.) — Hundley-Whaley Farm, Field, and Family Day at Hundley-Whaley Extension and Education Center, Albany, Mo. Producers, their families and friends are invited. Steak dinner provided.
- Friday, Oct. 6 (9:30 a.m.-noon) — Wurdack Producer Field Day at Wurdack Extension and Education Center, Cook Station, Mo. Event will focus on alternative forages and planning for drought.
Research, Extension and Education Centers field days:
- Thursday, Aug. 3 (7 a.m.-noon) — Northern Missouri REEC Field Day at Lee Greenley Jr. Memorial Farm near Novelty, Mo. Complimentary breakfast will be served from 7-8 a.m. with interactive farm tours with faculty and graduate students to follow. Topics include crops, pest management and livestock. Lunch will also be provided.
- Wednesday, Aug. 30 (8 a.m.-noon) — MU Ag Research Expo at Fisher Delta REEC in Portageville, Mo. Attendees will be able to have interactive, hands-on discussions with research faculty, graduate students, staff and industry partners; take a self-guided tour of research fields; see an agricultural drone demonstration; and visit industry partner booths. Grab and go lunch provided.
- Saturday, Sept. 30 — CAFNR Showcase at South Farm in Columbia, Mo. Formerly known as South Farm Showcase, this family-friendly event is back in 2023 at the Central Missouri REEC!
- The Southwest REEC near Mt. Vernon, Mo., and Central Missouri REEC near Columbia, Mo., will also host Career Exploration Days in the fall. During these events, high school students will have the opportunity to tour research farms and visit with CAFNR faculty, MU Extension specialists and industry experts about the wide variety of agricultural career paths available.
MU Extension can help farmers take part in the goal of doubling the economic impact of agriculture by 2030 while sustaining natural resources. #2xAg2030
CAFNR research covers almost 14,000 acres across Missouri, to help meet the needs of farmers and producers in each region of the state.