Columbia (94 acres)
The site is a collaboration developing outdoor research and educational opportunities to facilitate a better understanding of natural systems and processes. The site, which includes a cave, forested areas, and a creek, is owned by DeLine Holdings and loaned to the University for a period of 15 years to create the community research site, which CAFNR oversees.
4508 O’Neal Road
Columbia, MO 65202
For general questions, contact Dusty Walter, 573-882-4450
- Dusty Walter, WalterD@Missouri.edu, 573-882-4450
- Impact of land use on water quality and flow processes by collecting data from the area of Rocky Fork Creek that runs through the property.
- Tree improvement, sustainable forest management and forest ecology.
- Sustainable food processing using native fruits like pawpaw seen abundantly in these forests.
- Positive health benefits from engagement with nature.
Extension & Education
- Students visit the site to describe its conditions, forest types and plant composition.
- CAFNR undergraduate and graduate students gain research and educational experience at AES REEC across the state.
- MU Extension – Agriculture and Environment Program