Columbia (1,065 acres)
Foremost Dairy is at the intersection of traditional hands-on teaching and cutting-edge research. Foremost supports more than 400 Holstein and crossbred cows just west of Columbia. Its work improves the health of dairy herds and the quality of their milk. The funds for the Center’s land were donated by J.C. Penney.
9601 Highway 40 West
Columbia, MO 65202
- From I-70, take Exit 121 North (towards Fayette).
- Follow for 2.5 miles.
- Foremost Dairy Farm will be on the right.
For general questions, contact Adam Shetley, email@example.com, 573-445-4009
- Adam Shetley, Farm Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 573-445-4009
- Faculty and students conduct research projects and experiments to determine how to maximize milk output and efficiency while maintaining the health of the herd.
- Research concerning reproduction and nutrition.
Extension & Education
- Foremost welcomes more than 2,000 school children each year on educational tours.
- CAFNR undergraduate and graduate students gain research and educational experience at AES REEC across the state.
- MU Extension – Agriculture and Environment Program